Federal, state and local governments spend more than $800 billion annually and many of these opportunities are available for small businesses. Regulations and red tape stop many businesses from applying, but the Illinois Procurement Technical
- Determining suitability for government contracting
- Understanding the language and basics of contracting
- Researching and identifying government agencies that are looking for your products and services
- Securing necessary federal, state, and local government registrations
Assistancein applying for small business certification programs including 8(a), HUBZone, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Women Business Enterprise (WBE), and more
registeringwith the System for Award Management (SAM)
- Reviewing solicitations, proposal documents, and making recommendations
- Assisting with preparing competitive bid proposals
- Providing educational workshops on how to do business with the government
The Illinois PTAC at SIU provides no-cost, confidential, one-on-one counseling services to address the specific needs of your business and assist you in procuring government contracts. For more information or to set up an appointment, contact us or sign-up as a client.
with the Defense Logistics Agency.